Sisters and Brothers,
Several items to share with you:
- This Saturday, the 15th, is pretty much your final chance to register for the Menucha retreat (11/10-13). I hope you take this opportunity for self-care through the kedjiwaan activities, connection to each other, and renewal.
- Our next social Zoom get together is on Sunday, October 23rd, from 12:30-2:00 (Zoom meeting info to follow). The purpose is to provide an opportunity to be with your sisters and brothers in the region. Feel free to just hang out in the meeting with video on or off, or participate in conversation as you’re comfortable. We’re still learning what sort of meeting structure you’ll like best: free-form minimally moderated, specific discussion topics, or other
- The Subud Pacific Northwest Board had it’s monthly meeting on Monday. Topics discussed were the region’s insurance and how best to allocate premiums between the three active centers. This allocation is the final step in the effort that Jim O’Halloran led to find coverage that is a better value.
We also have started brainstorming for long-term planning for the region, specifically for the next five years. Discussion focused around:
- The current state of the region, challenges, and immediate needs.
- The perennial issue of declining, aging membership was raised, but
- The most pressing need is mitigating the social isolation caused by the Covid pandemic.
The Greater Seattle center has a lot of vitality currently and members have worked hard to stay engaged with each other.
At a regional level, the two monthly social Zoomies that we’re just starting up, Menucha, and the calls that the women helpers have been making to members, are our initial efforts. More to come.
Best, Latham S.