A Call For Delegates The PNW region has been designated to send 9 delegates to the National Congress. Currently only 4 are confirmed to be going, one from Seattle, one from Portland, one from B/SV group and one from Spokane. So, we’re five short of meeting our minimum delegate obligation to the National Congress. If you are going and willing to be a delegate, please step forward. Many consider being a delegate a thankless task but it does have it’s rewards:
- A chance to pay back to Subud for the privilege of being able to do the latihan with your group.
- Meet people you have never met before.
- A chance participate in our process.
- See another area of the country you may have never visited and expand your horizons. (Travel is the worst enemy of ignorance.)
- A chance to brotherhood and socialize.
- The entertainment is always fantastic!
- Attend the meetings and vote.
- Bring proposals from your group to be discussed and voted on.
- Discuss and vote on the various proposals from the national committee.
- Take what you have learned and bring it back to your group and report at your next monthly meeting.
- To reemphasize – The National Congress, it’s not just business. It’s our celebration of all things connected to our latihan. A time to share the gifts we have received. A time to experience our latihan in a different environment, a chance to shake it up a little. We all need a vacation from our routines a shift in our perception which can produce a little shift in our latihan and perhaps a little deeper surrender in our being.
- Plus all delegates are entitled to, as Sebastian Tedrow put it, A slightly lower registration fee, an “attaboy” or “attagirl” from me, and a warm fuzzy feeling for the delegate.
- And I may add “ the grace from all mighty god” for your hard work and a job well done.